27.12.09

OLD AND FABULOUS 12.27.09

I have the pleasure of living in a beautiful 1929 Art Deco building nestled in a sweet little neighborhood. Sprinkled among the tenants are several old queens. Two of which live directly across the hall from me. They are the most adorable aging little old men. They always, always look out for each other. They look out for me too.


It saddens me to think that people somewhere would actually question their relationship…but that’s another platform.


Every time I ride the elevator with them or pet their doggie in the hallway, I fall in love with them a little bit more.


On my way in tonight I passed my their doorway that was halfway open. From my view I immediately saw an enlarged and framed photograph of their little Chihuahua in the hallway. My eye was then drawn down to the leopard print rug on the floor. I can only imagine the awesomeness I would encounter if I ventured further into their little world.


I must say I love being surrounded by the old and fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment